Although your article must be reviewed before it appears on the Appeon Community, it is not necessary to seek pre-approval. We usually publish articles that comply with these requirements:
- Technical – your article should have reasonable technical depth, and be useful to a user of Appeon products. Sorry, no announcements allowed!
- Factual – stick to facts rather than opinions, and refrain from berating a particular company, product, or individual. The merits of your solution will be evident.
- Unique – avoid content that is largely similar to an existing articles, unless you have a substantially different technical solution.
- Non-Infringement – your content may not infringe on the intellectual property of others. Please make sure to properly cite when creating a derivative work.
- Non-Promotional – your article may not be a “marketing piece” or promote a specific commercial product, unless there is a free and open-source version available.
However, if you are not sure your article complies, please feel free to email us an abstract first.
Advice for Authors
- Stay Focused – focus your topic narrow enough that you can cover it in a single article format. It is perfectly fine to do a series of articles on related topics.
- Create an Effective Title – your title should be a) concise, b) distill the essence of your article, and c) answer why it is useful.
- Include Code Snippets – code snippets are very efficient way to communicate complex concepts without having an overly verbose article or losing your audience.
- Include Visuals – screenshots or diagrams that help visualize abstract concepts or the end result are very valuable; as the cliché goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Make it Complete – try to make your article complete enough that your reader can actually apply it in real-life; while a crude measure, word counts significantly <1,000 can highlight incomplete articles.
- Run Spellcheck – please use a word processor to write your article first, and run its spellcheck functionality before submitting your article through the Appeon Community.