Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, We are currently using third party solutions to use some of our PowerBuilder apps as a service in Windows. However, we are in the middle of a Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2022 migration and we struggle to get one them running ok. T...
We have a customer running our PB 2017 app in a Citrix Environment. They experience random crashes when generating a document for preview. By adding writes into the code to a log table on their system, we have been able to determine exactly where the...
PB 2022 1900 We recently changed our Emailing from MAPI to use Outlook OLE instead.  This has been working great but every so often we get a customer calling in reporting a throwable error during the send operation ("Error accessing external object ...
Has anyone connected their PB application to an AWS Aurora database (using PB 2022 R3)?  If so, what did you use to connect? ODBC? something else? Thanks!...
Hello, Using PowerBuilder 2021 build 1288 against the PBDemoDB2021 SQLAnywhere 17 (32-bit) database, (examples table) we can demonstrate that a datawindow with just 2 columns (example_id integer and technique long varchar) where we have set the Upda...
Hi; We have a window that contains a WebBrowser control. There are jquery and Kendo scripts on the page that are failing in the control. We get a message saying "JSON not found" and then several cascading errors. The scripts run fine if the page is ...
Hi Team,   I enabled buil-in jwt authentication for powerserver application with database user list, I am able to get the access token, however i am unable to start application i mean beginsession is failing , i enabled the application object addit...
Hello, Just yesterday I installed the PowerBuilder 2022 R3 3289 Runtime on one of our servers and found it broke one of our PowerBuilder 2021 applications.  We have the PowerBuilder 2021 Standard Runtime installed on the same server.  No issues foun...
Hello   How to use 2-D barcodes (DataMatrix or QR Codes) in Infomaker 19+?   We only need to insert the graphics on the report. We currently have infomaker 11.2 (without Powerbuilder)?   We do not want to pay too much $$$$ per year.   Best R...
How to dynamically add a column which is not part of the select statement during runtime.  I don't see an option for dw-modify for it, all I see is the table.select which then brings up more issues of if I have to add a column in the select then ...
We have a dll compiled targeting .NET 6.0 and imported using .NET DLL Importer.   In the same Windows Server 2019 we have installed Runtime 22.1.0.2819 and Runtime 22.2.0.3356. The application compiled using autobuild works as intended using 22.1....
PB 2019 R3 to 2022 R3 Migration -After migration I am getting compiler error related to jaguarorb   Please find the error description in detail given below pfcmain.pbl(pfc_n_jaguarorb).pfc_n_jaguarorb.Forward Declarations.2: Error       C0239: Obj...
As mentioned  in the below link Built-in Rich Edit Control (TE Edit Control) is discontinued Discontinued/Obsolete Features - - What's New (appeon.com)   We did a Test migration from 2019 R3 to 2022 R3,but the migration process doesn't report any ...
Hi my fellow PowerBuilder enthusiast :-) Can you advise me if PostgreSQL is a good and fast and stable database. Currently using Firebird 2.5 (2.5 is an old version that is really hard to upgrade) and it is unstable sometimes and not fast when datab...
Hello, maybe I'll be laughed at, but it seems to me, that I am the only guy, wanting an object, that handles speech to text-recognition. Only that little "thing", that is on every smartphone: An Single-Line-Edit and a Microphone-icon beside to dict...
In PowerServer, the Application.JSON file contains values such as the application name and the DB connection password. We need to use these values from the environment variables within the container. Are there any techniques available to accomplish t...
We are trying to install a .net web services on a Windows 2012 R2 server, but the runtime files installation of PowerBuilder 2021 does not contain the required files.   Steps Installation IIS & ASP.net 3.5 and 4.5 Restart server Installing...
Me again, I screwed up and ran PB 2022 before the complete upgrade was complete (the IDE install was complete).  When I was asked if I wanted to use the new version of the runtime, I could only answer Yes or No, could not cancel.  So I clicked NO.  ...
Hi all, Just wondering... if I update PB to the latest MR 3356, but leave the runtime parameter the same, (1 release earlier), do I need to create another Runtime Installer and update the Runtime settings in the application when deploying to get the...
PB 2022 1900 Our application can run as a service to process print jobs.  When this service first starts up it gets a list of valid printers so when the user schedules it we only show them the printers that are setup on that machine.  All this works...

There are no discussions available here currently