Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good Morning, My customer is currently working in PB2019 R2 with GIT source control. I was telling them about the features coming in version 2025, the new compiler being one of those. They would like to know if the file structure using ws_objects is...
Powerbuilder 2017 R3 is giving me a "license will expire in 30 days" warning. Powerbuilder 2019 R3 is giving me no such warning.   I'm just wondering if 2017 will continue to work after we get our new license validated. I don't see it on the down...
I am exploring the RibbonBar control. I see that in order to obtain the button's tag, I have to use functions like GetSmallButton(), GetLargeButton() etc.There is the GetItem() which also gets the item but it returns it on a powerObject variable and ...
Hi, I have setup NSSM to invoke my PB application. The issue I am facing is that: I have written code in close query event of my window that opens up from application open event. Code in the close query will trigger the timer event and then go ahea...
OpenSheetWithParm when opens a sheet from a menu item,  menu item's Clicked event is not released immediately. instead  all constructors of controls in the sheet are fired next, then open event is fired, after open event the activate event is fired a...
Hi Team,   I am facing issue while opening the pb work space from snap developer, Even though i am having cloud pro license its showing attached error. I tried even opening the snap developer separate and from there i am trying to open the PowerBui...
I am having trouble logging in to Power Builder IDE. I'm getting an error message saying that this account has already logged in to Power Builder. The problem is that there is no way for me to log it out because I am using the same device that was re...
Hello, at the moment I'm a little bit confused:  If there is a typo at a field name of a SELECT statement I will get an error message. But I don't get an error message with an UPDATE or INSERT statement. Until now I was very sure that a message wou...
Hello, Community! Getting error below when adding PB Workspace to SnapDevelop project: This is the info about my current PB installation (it's, indeed, CloudPro Edition): And this, SnapDevelop's info: So, what could go wrong with this? Plea...
Hi All,          Is it possible to open a website from regular PowerBuilder Classic application? I experimented  using the OpenUrl( "https://appeon.com" ) by creating a menu tap and using the the example I stated earlier and it did not. I even get...
Hi,   I would like to know how can we configure power builder application as windows service that gets triggered as per the setup. I have gone through few posts earlier regarding this and understand that we would need a third party tool like NSSM /...
PB 2022 1900 Our application can run as a service to process print jobs.  When this service first starts up it gets a list of valid printers so when the user schedules it we only show them the printers that are setup on that machine.  All this works...
  We are currently using PB2017 R3 build 18180 and in the process of upgrading to PowerBuilder 2022. The plan is to complete the upgrade before the EOL date. The EOL policy on Appeon website (as of today) states that the EOL date for PowerBuilder 2...
Hi,  I have an old client who used the application developed using PowerBuilder 7 really long ago. The client current use this for back up and now rarely use this system, but they recently requested asking if it's possible to do do some enhancement...
We are in a process of modernizing our application using Ribbon Bar control and Themes. Need a clarification on using the existing toolbar with the Ribbon Bar control.Currently all the actions are being performed using the items inside the Toolbar, s...
Hi, We seem to have an issue with infomaker generated PDFs when we switched in IDE 2022. It seems that safari browser, and IOS phones do not see the font but instead get dots. It seems related to this issue in powerbuilder : https://community.appeo...
Hi, I need suggestion for below case. We are doing application server migration from HP-UX to RHEL. Our application client we used for PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and Server side logic we written in Oracle Tuxedo and Pro*c. So ,now data the communication ...
Please read latest crash report posted on Tuesday, 27 February 2024 below in reply section.NOTE: This one is older but almost same kind of TRY CATCHHi, I know referenced DW does not have instance variable i am trying to set so obviously PB will cras...
We want to use infomaker in AWS environment. Our AWS environment is blocked from the Internet. And I need to use Infomaker's online license, so I would like to ask if there is any site or port that I need to un-firewall. Thank you....
En el Power Builder 2022 R3 como puedo generar una DLL para que sean consumidos en aplicaciones .NET ?  ...

There are no discussions available here currently